Fat Tire Bike Trails & Fat Tire Bike Rentals
Calling all Fat Bike riders! Mecan River Lodge is home to fat tire bike trails and rentals. Bring your own fat tire bike or rent one. There is a trail fee and a bike rental fee. Click here for website
Our ten scenic bike routes meander over 140 miles of Marquette County’s naturally magnificent countryside.
1. Briggsville Loop 10 miles) Begin at the Briggsville dam and travel north on Co. A trough the gently rolling Neenah creek Valley. As you head back to Briggsville Co. X, turn left onto Hwy. 23 and at the top of the hill turn right onto Nebraska St. an go down the hill to the dam.
2. Oxford Loop (14.5 miles) Start in downtown Oxford and ride south on Co. A. This route takes you through the gently rolling Neenah Creek Valley.
3. Northwest Passage Ride (17.5 miles) Begin at Pioneer Park in Westfield (don’t forget to get water at the artesian well across from the park) and ride north on Park Rd. Cross CH and take Park St. to Eagle Ave. Head west, then north through beautiful farmland and into heavy forests. This route has a lot of hills and curves.
4. Newton Township Trail (15 miles) Park at the Newton Town Hall on Co. B. Just south of the town hall, pedal east on Dixie Lane and begin your journey. You’ll ride past an 1889 country church, several old country schools, and Prairie Nursery.
5. Mecan River Circuit (9 miles) Park at the Mecan River Discovery Center on Dixie Ave., just west of Hwy. 22. This route features rolling hills, crosses several streams, and travels through quite a bit of forested state land.
6. Tuttle Lake Trek (10 miles) Begin at the Tuttle Lake Public Access on Tuttle Lake Road. Ride south on Tuttle Lake Rd. to Duck Creek Ave. This route crosses the Mecan River twice and takes you around Germania Marsh Wildlife Area.
7. Germainia Jaunt (19 miles) Start at the Montello City Park on Doty St. Ride south to Park, turn left and Park will take you out of the city to the junction with 18th Rd. At the northern part of this journey, you will pass Comstock Lake and the Germania Marsh Wildlife Area.
8. Lake Puckaway Loop (14 miles) Park at the Lake Puckaway Access Site off Fox Court. This ride will take you through the Puckaway Marsh, and further north, past White Lake. Stop at the resort there and meet the “free-ranging” peacocks.
9. Buffalo Lake Route (16 miles) Begin in downtown Montello and take Co. C along the north shore of Buffalo Lake, enjoying the many scenic vistas along this relatively flat road. Cross the lake on the Packwaukee Causeway and return to Montello along the south shore of the lake on Cty. K, which will take you to Main St. in Montello, and back to the downtown.
10. Muir Park Path (15 miles) Start at John Muir Park, boyhood home of the famous naturalist. From the entrance of the Park on Co. F, travel north. This path features many rolling hills.